If you are somebody concerned about your looks and skin, you must be having some cosmetic goals. Whether you wish to look younger or reduce acne and sun damage or wish to have more radiant and smoother skin; you might have thought of various skin treatments to achieve these goals. Dual Laser skin resurfacing is one such treatment. Over the years it has gained popularity.
Here is everything you need to know about it.
What is Dual Laser Skin Resurfacing?
As the name indicates, dual laser skin resurfacing uses two different types of laser. One laser removes the outermost layer of skin and the second laser is to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. We know that collagen and elastin are the building blocks of healthy and radiant skin. This procedure not only removes the dead skin layer but also boosts the natural way to refurbish the skin.
How does the procedure work?
This treatment is minimally invasive and can be performed on an outpatient basis. Your practitioner will begin by cleansing the area under treatment. Then he will apply a numbing cream. The cream will stay in the area for about 40 minutes before the procedure begins. The laser is then used on the area horizontally and vertically. You might feel a slight prickling or burning sensation. The treatment itself takes about 25 minutes.
What to expect after the procedure?
After the procedure, you can return to your normal daily activities. Make sure to take care of the treatment area. Avoid sun exposure and keep the skin moisturized. Avoid sleeping on the treatment area to prevent swelling. In case of swelling or burning sensation, you can use an ice pack.
You might need multiple treatments as this procedure is fractional. You may need more than one treatment if the area is smaller. But the best results can be seen after 2-3 sessions set 4-6 weeks apart.
As for the results, they can be observed right after the treatment and will continue to improve over six months. The results last for more than a year if the skin is taken care of.
Benefits of Dual Laser Skin Resurfacing
Now let’s dig into some benefits of getting this treatment done.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. These are the first visible signs of aging and dual laser skin resurfacing can help you counter them.
- The treatment also helps with the reduction of the sun damage caused to your skin. It also helps to counter issues of spots and discoloration of the skin, improving the overall texture of the skin.
- Dual laser skin resurfacing also helps to reduce acne scars. Scars caused by acne are extremely difficult to get rid of. This treatment not only tackles the current scars but also prevents any future outbreaks.
- The procedure is minimally invasive and after the treatment, you can return to your regular activities.
- One huge benefit of dual laser skin resurfacing is that it stimulates the production of elastin and collagen and the results can be enjoyed for many months and years.
What are the possible side effects?
Just like any cosmetic procedure, dual laser skin resurfacing also has some possible side effects. These might include:
- Redness, swelling, itching, and pain but all these are temporary.
- Changes in skin color. So talk to your doctor and discuss how you can reduce this side effect
- Chances of infection but those can be diminished by properly following the practitioner’s instructions
Dual Laser Skin Resurfacing near you
If you live in Sugar Land, then you don’t need to travel to some other town to get the procedure done. You have a qualified provider in your town. Rejuven8 Medical not only provides dual laser skin resurfacing but a lot of other cosmetic procedures which can provide a solution to a lot of your concerns.
Wrapping it up
Dual laser skin resurfacing is an effective and safe procedure if you want to achieve your desired cosmetic goals. Be it reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin texture and tone, or reducing the appearance of acne scars or hyperpigmentation; this procedure is your savior. With help of a qualified and experienced aesthetician, you can achieve smoother, radiant-looking younger skin.