Natural Ways to Firm Saggy Skin
Who likes that saggy loose skin which makes you look old? NOBODY! Apart from the natural process of aging, numerous other factors contribute to the sagginess of the skin. Increased sun exposure, unhealthy diet, and obesity are some of the other factors that contribute to the deterioration of skin freshness and that youthful look, that everyone wishes for.
Luckily there are several options if you are looking to get rid of saggy skin; surgical and non-surgical as well as some natural ways. Like most people, you might also prefer natural ways to firm the saggy skin rather than go for a painful surgical option. Why go through all the pain and misery when you can tackle the loose skin in easier ways?
So let’s look into some of the Natural Ways to Firm Saggy Skin.
1. Using firming products
There is a variety of firming products available on the market which aim to treat loose and saggy skin. they are effective to prove any type of minor sagging. These creams or lotion contain retinoid which helps with the production of collagen.
Some of the commonly used types of firming products include:
- Lotions and creams
Many over-the-counter lotions and creams are available to help with minor skin sagging. Before you use them it is better to carry out a patch test to check for any unfortunate allergic reaction. Also always check with your dermatologist.
- Collagen-based creams
We know that collagen in our skin is responsible for a youthful appearance and firm skin. with age, the production of collagen slows and begins the appearance of aging signs. Collagen-based creams prove very useful and make your skin look tighter.
- Vitamin C
Creams that contain vitamin C also prove to be effective with skin firming. They also improve the texture and appearance of your skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid and Glycolic Acid
The use of these liquids helps treat lines and wrinkles and also helps with improving the elasticity of the skin. they keep your skin hydrated and
2. Use of supplements
Eating right is always the easiest and the best way to deal with any issue including skin firming. Along with healthy diet use of some additional supplements have amazing benefits for sagging skin.
- The use of collagen supplements helps with filling the collagen gap in the body. They are available in tablets, capsules, powder, and even in liquid form. According to a study, it was found that the use of these supplements for 8 weeks improved skin elasticity.
- Antioxidants like Vitamin C help to neutralize free radicals that cause sagging. They also support the production of collagen.
3. Exercises and massages
Targeted exercises and massages are also another great way to firm the sagging skin. Though it takes time regular exercise is also very effective. Face and body exercises can help you with firming the skin.
4. Non-surgical methods
There are some non-surgical methods too that have tremendous results that last for a long time. They are non-invasive and pain-free. These include:
- Chemical Peels – this procedure involves the removal of the top layer of skin. depending on the skin condition and requirement you will get a light, medium, or deep peel. They make your skin look firm and healthy.
- Laser resurfacing – This is another excellent procedure for skin rejuvenation. There are two types; ablative which involves the removal of the top layer of skin to reveal tight and fresh skin. The second type is non-ablative laser resurfacing which involves heating skin tissue to stimulate the production of collagen.
- Ultrasound – Multiple ultrasound techniques improve collagen production and make your skin look tighter and younger.
- Radiofrequency – This technique is an extremely effective procedure for skin tightening. High-intensity radiofrequency is used that helps with skin texture and skin firmness. It works by boosting collagen production and the rest falls into place.
- Intense Pulse Light – This technique makes use of light energy to heat the cells under the surface of the skin. the production of collagen helps with firming the saggy skin and also improves the skin texture. It also helps with reducing other signs of aging.
Book an appointment now!
We have listed for you some natural ways to firm the saggy skin. But skin is a very sensitive organ and it is very important that whatever products or procedures you decide to have, you consult a certified dermatologist. This is the safest way to achieve the desired results. if you live in Sugarland Texas, wait no more and look no more. Book your appointment right away at Rejuven8 Medical.